Yep, it’s that time. People either love ‘em or hate ‘em. There are a million reasons why you should make New Year’s resolutions & a million more on why you shouldn’t. My thoughts are, everyone works differently. Some need very distinct goals, other do not. Do what is best for you and you’ll be golden.
People seem to think New Year’s resolutions are so restricting and will just lead you to failure. I beg to differ. It’s the pressure that you put on yourself is what leads to the feeling of failing. I see making resolutions as an overall goal. I also understand that life happens and it won’t be the end of the world if I don’t achieve every single resolution I make. To think that life will go perfectly like you plan it is absurd and I refuse to put that pressure on myself.
As you can tell, I LOVE New Year’s resolutions. I think the start of the New Year is a great time to re-evaluate what you want in life, whether it be professionally, financially, physically, mentally, etc. I’ve broken mine down into professionally, health/fitness & personal.
- Goal: Begin seeing clients for Health Coach Training: 5 months into the program, you get a pre-certification so you can begin seeing clients. I definitely want to promote myself as soon as I can to start changing the world! 🙂
- Goal: Reach out to locals in the area to work/collaborate with: I think this is sort of a professional & personal goal. I’d really love to get more connected with the Milwaukee area (especially since I’ve already been here for a whole year!)
- Goal: Research freelance writing opportunities: I really enjoy my job, but I don’t get to write as much, hence why I started a blog. I’d love to research freelancing opportunities to write for fun (and it doesn’t hurt to get paid).
- Goal: Lose 20 pounds. Yep, I’m saying it. Outloud. My overall goal is 30 and I’ve already lost 11 since the beginning of October so I’m right on track. I plan to do this by NOT dieting & just by changing and tweaking my eating habits & working out.
- Goal: Attend the gym 5-6 times a week. I’m slowly getting there already, but sometimes I still get lazy and don’t go just because I don’t want to. Now this resolution I will be more lenient on because , well there will be some weeks when I know that isn’t attainable. I plan to just go with the flow and do my best.
- Goal: Walk Murphy 3 times a week. So…I should probably already be doing this. But it gets cooold here in Milwaukee! And especially since it’s dark when I wake up and dark when I get home…it makes it a little more difficult. But I love him and he deserves more exercise than just playing in the backyard.
- Goal: Run in a race. Uh, yeah. I didn’t see this one coming. My good friend Katie, and bridesmaid!, is trying to convince me to run a half marathon with her in May. Ryan is in, but…I don’t think I could run a half. But! I think I will attempt a 10K. I hope I don’t regret this.
- Goal: Take a photography class/join a group.I’ve always loved photography and since I can
stealborrow Ryan’s nice camera I’d love to get better at it. We’re already joining a group thru church and I got some books for Christmas!
- Goal: Read 1 book a month. Isn’t this like, a must for a New Year’s resolution list? 😉
- Goal: Make church a priority. Not that it hasn’t been, but we have yet to join any groups. This is also already in progress because the photography group is thru church and we are joining a bible study in January.
- Goal: Volunteer for an organization. Preferably one I am truly passionate about, rather than just a random group to say I volunteered.
- Goal: Improve my blog. This is a very general one…but there are so many components I want to improve that it would be a sub category list for goals… 🙂
- Goal: GET MARRIED. Not necessarily a “goal” because…well it’s gonna happen but I figured I needed at least one thing I can for sure check off my list!
Question: What are your 2012 resolutions/goals? Do tell!