My new blog site is over at www.brittneybreathing.com! Be sure to change your readers 🙂 Happy Friday!
Guess what? This little blog of mine got a facelift!
But you’ll need to go to my new domain at http://www. brittneybreathing.com!
Be sure to change over your links in Google Reader (or whatever reader you use).
Exciting things are happening!
Day two of my training plan is down in the books.
As you can see, it went well! You’re supposed to see my thumbs up but apparently I can’t take quality pictures of myself.
I’m hoping I keep up this momentum because I’m feeling really good whenever I run. I get the excited/slightly nervous feeling which is what I assume I would feel before a race. Ah, I can’t believe I signed up for a race!
Speaking of, Ryan’s race is in two days!!! He says he’s kind of nervous but not in the “I’m scared I won’t finish” kind of way but more in the “this is something exciting I’ve never done” kind of way. I’m excited/nervous for him!
Thankfully, I won’t be by myself for watching the race. One of my bridesmaids will be with me to cheer him on. From how the race is set up, there aren’t really any good spots to spectate besides the beginning and the end, unless if we drove somewhere. Considering this race has 30,000ish people running…I doubt I will brave the traffic. I’ll be there at the end though!
I’ve stalled enough. I need to pack! See you in Indy.
Question: Ever participated in a race? How many?
I have a bunch of things to ramble about today so…hope you’re okay with that 🙂
1. I started my training plan for running a 5K today! I was actually supposed to start yesterday, but I got out of work late and we had Bible study last night so I didn’t have time. It’s only 3 days a week so it’s easy to fit in. First run, done!
2. I did my run after the hardest Body Pump class I’ve ever taken. Yeah, I’ll be sore tomorrow.
3. Dinner tonight:
Tuna salad lettuce wraps. It was supposed to be Potato Chowder but since it got to like, 80 degrees (!!!) today I just couldn’t do it. Tuna salad made with dijon mustard, plain greek yogurt, pickles, relish, salt and pepper. Mmm.
4. I’m really excited for this weekend. We are driving down to Indy for the mini marathon. It’s Ryan’s first so it will be exciting! I bought poster board tonight at Wal-mart…I’m thinking of referencing margaritas to motivate the runners since it’s Cinco De Mayo 🙂
5. I’m starting to get more emails wanting more information on Integrative Nutrition. Would anyone be interested in an info post about it?
6. This knucklehead won’t stop staring at me tonight.
Maybe he knows that we are leaving?
7. We aren’t taking Murphy with us this weekend since we are staying at a hotel so he gets to go to doggie day camp at Camp Bow Wow. Almost 3 full days of playing with dogs non-stop. He’s gonna loooove us.
8. Time for me to do some laundry and watch Glee (since Ryan is playing softball….).
Question: Have any ramblings for today?
Making pulled pork seemed somewhat scary at first.
My dad always made pulled pork on his smoker but uh, we don’t have a smoker.
And you don’t have to have a smoker either! All you need is a crock pot.
Yes, a crock pot can cook almost anything!
I actually feel a little silly posting this recipe because it’s only 2 ingredients. Yes, TWO.
I seriously don’t understand how only two ingredients can make such a succulent meal. I swear, the crock pot is magical.
Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- 32 oz beef broth
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
Add pork shoulder & beef broth to crock pot. Set on low setting for 9-10 hours. Top with your favorite barbeque sauce.
Could dinner get an easier? I don’t think so.
Question: What’s your favorite recipe to make in the crock pot? I love getting new ideas!